Saturday 22 March 2014

A petition to ignore


I was 11 years old when police burst into my mum's house and shot her in her bedroom in front of me and my sisters. They were looking for my brother, instead they left my mum paralysed from the waist down. After her shooting doctors said she had just 10 years to live, but she lived for 26 years. My mum never gave up.
Her name was Cherry Groce and her shooting sparked the Brixton riots in 1985. To this day no one has been held responsible for what happened to her.
Now we have a chance for justice. An inquest into my mother's death will take place in June. But we've been denied legal aid, without it we can't afford a lawyer to represent us at the inquest and ask questions of the police. That's why I've started a petition calling on Prime Minister David Cameron and Justice Minister Chris Grayling to grant my family legal aid.

As many readers may have discerned, I am not 100%  pro police.  I am however 100% pro Law.  If a member of a family decides to live and do business outside of proscribed legal boundaries, then it is upon them, the criminal elements that has invited the wrath and weight of the guardians of the law, and those ‘innocent’ members of that family should vent their bile on their lovely, criminal kin and not the law enforcers.



For that reason I most definitely will not be signing this ill-conceived petition.  If you don’t want to be harassed by the law, make sure you and your loved ones don’t break it.  And that goes equally to police officers who work outside of the Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment