Tuesday 26 April 2016

Salesman of the year-Scotland

A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan Desert when he saw something far off in the distance.
Hoping to find water, he hurried toward the shimmering oasis only to find a Scotsman sitting at a table under a large umbrella selling red and green tartan ties.
The Taliban asked, "Do you have water?"

The Scotsman replied, "There is no water, the well is dry. Would you like to buy a tie instead? They are only 5 pounds."
The Taliban shouted, "You idiot infidel! I do not need an over-priced tie. I need water! I should kill you, but I must find water first!"

"OK," said the Scotsman , "It does not matter that you do not want to buy a tie and that you hate me.
I will show you that I am bigger than that, and that I am a much better human being than you.

If you continue over that great hill to the east for about five miles, you will find a beautiful Oasis resort built on a spring with a huge swimming pool overflowing onto the desert sands belonging to my brother. It has all the ice cold water you need.. "

Cursing him, the Taliban staggered away over the hill.  Several hours later he staggered back, collapsed with dehydration & rasped...

"Your brother won't let me in without a tie!"


No comments:

Post a Comment