Saturday 26 July 2008

White poverty in South Africa

clipped from www.sowetan.co.za
Grants for poor whites
reaching out: Bethlehem residents queue to register for social grants and IDs. PHOTO: PEGGY NKOMO

“During my first visit I was very touched by the living conditions around here and I promised I would come back,” he said. “I did not have all the answers then but today I brought people who can help with some of the problems.”

blog it
This belies the tainted history of exploitation by whites on blacks in Africa. I can imagine that a great percentage of these disenfranchised group would have been former Civil Servants, police and Armed Forces.
The Real Estate industry is all but destroyed. Many of the whites, especially those from Portuguese extracts, have been in Southern Africa for 500 years. There pot of gold was the endeavour, the hard work and pure grind of existing in such a hostile environment. The turned nations into a virtual paradise, created stability and a place worth living in.I will always remember the last words said to me by my domestic. "Iche, I don't like Black Africa. No good, Boss." He ought to have known, he is a Malawian.
If David Cameron really wants to know Africa, go talk to Jackson or the poor Whites. Better still, stay at home and solve the problems of the poor Brits.

No comments:

Post a Comment