Tuesday 15 July 2008

Inflation figures


blog it
Electricity up 60%.
Food up double in most supermarkets. Most wines have been massively increased just so these thieves can offer reductions.
Have you tried to get a quote from an alternative electric supplier? Very interesting. If you do not tell them who your present supplier is they will not quote you a price. Try asking for a 'blind quote', or their absolutely cheapest tariff. The young man at Scottish Power got most offensive when I would not comply. "You must..." No Scottish Power you must not. It is common practice and legal to ask for a quote without you having all my information. Had I agreed to their terms I would be paying about 40% over what I presently pay, on a fixed rate tariff until August of 2009.
This conversation is going to Energywatch www.energywatch.org.uk . If you wish to contact energywatch call our helpline 08459 06 07 08.

No comments:

Post a Comment