Wednesday 15 April 2009

Priority for injured soldiers?

clipped from www.modoracle.com

Priority Homes For Injured Troops

Former servicemen and women who have been seriously injured on active duty are to be given priority for specially adapted social homes, the government will announce today.
"Former military personnel will get top priority," a Defra spokesman said. Housing minister Iain Wright said: "It is right that our servicemen and women who are seriously injured fighting for their country are given the housing support they deserve. These new rules mean service personnel must be treated as priority for specially adapted homes."
blog it
I will believe this when I see it.
Seven years ago I was the sole voice screaming at the inequities of council decisions made in Blackpool. The Council had issued an edict which placed former servicemen in 17th place on page two of their discussion paper on housing. When I raised this issue with the Ex Servicemen’s Association and the Royal Marines Association I was told I was out of order and out of line.
Now sense has prevailed and these worthless bodies realised that it is the serving man (and woman) who is always the priority and not their self indulgent selves, I would like to say I told you.
The facts are that the majority of former service associations are not worth a fart in moral and ethical standards- in my opinion- says it all. When political association takes priority over the camaraderie of old pals it shows the depths that society has sunk.
Well done Help for Heroes. The tragedy is that you have to exist at all.

1 comment: