Saturday 2 February 2008

Sad World of non responsibility

clipped from news.bbc.co.uk

C.diff boss fights for more cash
Former chief executive Rose Gibb
The trust decided, after taking legal advice, to pay her six months' salary of £75,000 in a severance deal.
blog it
This is the sad end of the modern culture of not being able to accept responsibility for ones own actions. Or in this case inactions.
Would it not be nice to find a highly paid/overpaid NHS executive who will resign with a statement like..."I have ended my contract so that the NHS can employ ten real health workers to look after patients?"
No!
It will never happen.
A fat nurse said to me when I complained about the lack of hygiene on my aunties ward..."I did not do three years at University to wipe arses!"
"Well, " replied me. "If a nurse will not take responsibility, who does?
A friend of mine's nephew was casevaced from Afghanistan with serious wounds which will leave him disabled for life. The MoD has offered him a pittance in compensation, just about enough for a fortnight holiday.
Come Rosie Gibbs, are you really worth ten times that of a wounded Royal Marine?

No comments:

Post a Comment