Monday 7 October 2013

Democracy according to John Adams

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing. Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the People, who have... a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge, I mean the characters and conduct of their rulers. There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free 'government' ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty. Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among people - John Adams. 

In my short lifetime we have experienced a Nation Unfit for Heroes - thanks to the politician.  We have witnessed the decline of major industries because they were screaming for modernisation and investment.  We were given, as a fait accompli, mass immigration and absolutely no say in it.  The  street where my grandparents gave birth to my uncles and aunt now no longer house a European face.  In many ways that is not my concern, but the denial that another culture which does not accept nor understand our ancient ways is not a threat, that bothers me.  Hard working people deserve the rewards of their labour, if it is obtained legally.

It is, again, for that reason that I stood for the United Kingdom Independence Party (Ukip).  There are more and the next decisive point is the strict following of party lines by the three active Party's that have ruined my country.  As I keep saying to my colleagues it is the investigation and challenging of the statements made by officials and senior politicians that will return to the great British people the right of Self Determination.  Not the mindless acceptance of everything that emanates from Public Office and Officials.
I am not a politician nor do I espouse to be.  I am the voice of sanity in a world where subjugation overpowers British reason because the noisiest wins the debate, not the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment