Monday 13 September 2010

Father...

As the believers get down on their knees and genuflect, how many will remember the millions of victims?

When I was a small child, I was off school because I had broken my leg. On the short walk from my grandfather's place of work to home, I was accosted by a Catholic priest and ran home terrified. My Catholic grandmother went ballistic and it was the first time I ever saw an ordinary person put a pompous arsehole into place.

I would like to do exactly the same with His Holiness on behalf of his victims.

Amplify’d from www.bbc.co.uk

Papal visit: clerical sex abuse victims speak out

"The Church took away my childhood and I can't take that back," says Sue Cox.

Ms Cox was molested by a priest on the day before her Catholic confirmation at the age of 10 and, three years later, the same priest raped her, she told the BBC.

She told her mother, a staunch Catholic who was "priest-obsessed" and chose to ignore the episode.

Cross in St Peter's Square, Rome
The clerical sex abuse scandal has radically undermined the Vatican's authority

That was 50 years ago. The priest in question has since died, and his order, the Sacred Heart Fathers, has paid Ms Cox £25,000 in compensation.

Read more at www.bbc.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment