Wednesday 9 June 2010

Paedophiles with smacked wrists

Story one

A desperate father says the system has failed to protect his 14-year-old daughter from being groomed at the hands of a paedophile ring operating in Keighley.

The father of three, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said he had watched in despair as his young daughter deteriorated from a happy-go-lucky schoolgirl into a sombre, scared shell in less than six months.

He said the reason was that she had become a victim of sexual grooming by a gang of men who he, the police and Social Services seemed powerless to stop.

“I am at the end of my tether,” he said. “Why can’t we protect our own children from these people?”


Story two

A JUDGE has blasted two cousins who took three young girls from the streets of East Lancashire, plied them with drink and drove them 20 miles to a hotel.

Azeem and Tabassum Shah were only caught out when an eagle-eyed night manager at Darwen Travelodge became suspicious about the age of one of the girls and alerted police, Burnley Crown Court was told.

The pair, from Vernon Street and Railway Street, Nelson, respectively, admitted abducting the three girls, aged 14 and 15, in August last year.

Police say there was evidence that the two men and three girls, taken from the streets of Nelson, had all been drinking.




6 comments:

  1. Shocking!
    Hope you don't mind, but I've linked this story on our TTB blog.
    If you get chance, have a read of some of our comments from NotSoDumbBlonde, she's from Keithley and is quite passionate about this topic.
    Cheers for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not comment, for once, on these stories. But I was accosted several years ago by a senior local copper who was raging at the gagging of local police by Political Correctness.
    It has also happened here in Blackpool as a run through the archives will show.
    Thank RAF bloke and log in as a follower.
    My stepfather was Sailor Malan's groundcrew at Biggin Hill during the Battle, and he later worked on Lancs with Guy Gibson in the drivers seat, so welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that this type of thing is pretty rife in the NW ... which is where most of the TTB guys are from !
    This is obviously a lot more 'common' than I realised.
    Perhaps we can join forces on this for maximum publicity?
    NotSoDumbBlonde is on a mission with a facebook group and the Keighley press etc.
    Thanks again.
    (ps I am following as 'ghostrider293')
    ps I bet your stepfather has some interesting stories?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be interested in this site http://iamanenglishman.com/page.php?iCategoryId=1357&iParentId=1356
    Sometimes hard to navigate but a wealth of information

    The only thing you get out of the Old Man is when he was the only non-international playing for a RAF side in Blackpool. He never talks about actions or attends Forces do's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting blog. I'm currently studying for a Masters in Creative Writing and I'm doing my dissertation on internet grooming. It's going to be a rather gritty teen novel & I'm currently doing the background research for it.

    By the way... (cheeky I know but if you don't ask, you don't get!) I'm a fat 55 year old woman & on 10th July I'm climbing Ben Nevis to raise money for Combat Stress. I'm doing it in memory of my son Marine Jonathan Wigley who was killed in Afghanistan, Dec '06. If anyone would like to sponsor me my details are: www.justgiving.com/sharon-wigley
    and my facebook support group is "I'm supporting Team Ben 2010"

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    Sharon Wigley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening gentlemen. I've had a word today in the right ears as to who to speak to at Keighley Police Station. This same person, who I can't name as his job would be on the line! has also suggested I collate as much support and info on this matter as I can. So, at some point in the evening I'll be setting up my facebook group, Stop The Grooming Of Teenage Girls in the UK. I've had loooads of support for it at school today. That's the problem, it needs some one to take up the baton and hopefully everyone will then jump on the ride. So watch this space!!!!

    ReplyDelete