Friday 11 June 2010

For Sharon Wigley and her friends


The Bens near to the Command Memorial above Spean Bridge

Mrs Wigley is going to walk up these ridiculous hills cos she's fat and lazy. Silly Old Moo!

In fact she sounds like a thoroughly decent lady who doesn't mind putting herself out to help others. On my recent trip up to the memorial I saw the dedication to her son and was amased that I recognised others from my days in the mob. Sharon is seeking help for her attempt to climb the Bens and raise monies for her causes. I shall be taking a tenner out of my 42 reunion budget to give to this wonderful lassie once she has told me where to send it. Sharon can be found on Facebook for anyone interested in assisting.

Having talked it over with the Alky, we would love to accompany the fund raisers in their valiant causes, but age and infirmity prevent it. I think they are doing their bit in the second week of July, so get cracking. We wish all a safe journey and sincerely hope they have a joyous time, because it was the one thing that being a Bootneck gave us, that sense of humour unique to the lower deck Royals.

No comments:

Post a Comment